Janie Lidey’s music and lyrics open the heart to what is highest in all of us. She has the gift of taking any idea or situation, understanding what’s really important in it, and turning it into music with a message that penetrates to the heart of the matter, as well as the heart of her listeners. Janie is passionate about raising your vibration through the magic of a song.
Based out of Anchorage, Alaska, Lidey is an Emmy award winning songwriter who has been composing music for over forty years. Rather than focus on her craft alone, Janie dedicated herself to teaching music in the public schools of Alaska for twenty-six years. She started out teaching in the remote villages of the North Slope Borough and Lower Kuskokwim School Districts and in 2011, after seventeen years as the choir and guitar teacher at East Anchorage High School, she decided to step out of the classroom and follow her life-long passion, becoming a full time singer-songwriter, recording artist, author and speaker.
Lidey has been recognized for her excellence in music through winning an Emmy for her songwriting; a Grammy for the fine arts program she helped direct at one of the moist diverse high schools in the nation; the Mayor’s Arts Award which recognizes excellence in music education; and, a spot on the George Lucas Edutopia website for her role in helping make the world a better place. Mrs. Lidey not only taught her students to sing and play the guitar, she taught them to live their lives with passion, kindness, love, hope and gratitude. The most important lesson was to instill the belief in her students that they could be or do anything they dreamed or imagined.
As a recording artist, Janie released her debut CD in 2004 and has gone on to record five other solo CDs over the past ten years, one of which she wrote a companion book for called, The Magic of A Song. Her latest recording, North Star was produced in Nashville, TN.
Some of her performances include the following:
- Willie Nelson’s 80th Birthday Tribute in Nashville, TN alongside John Carter Cash and friends
- Women Who Rock in Los Angeles, CA
- Craig Duswalt’s RockStar Bootcamp in Los Angeles, CA
- Author 101 in Los Angeles, CA
- Luis Palau’s Love Alaska Event in Anchorage, Alaska
- Maryann Ehmann’s Create Your Magnificent Life Now Event in Coronado Bay, CA
- Women’s Conferences in Alaska, California and Iowa
- The Rachel’s Challenge Summit in Denver Colorado, (Columbine Tragedy)
- Lion’s International 8 to Great Event in Anchorage, Alaska
- American Cancer Relays along the west coast
- Music Festivals and House Concerts from Alaska to Tennessee
With her music being played in over thirty countries worldwide and the release of her new CD North Star, Janie Lidey is ready to Raise Your Vibration Through The Magic of A Song. Gene Bedley of Lift Up America recently wrote this quote in support of Janie: “Music is the universal language that will lift the world and make it sing in unison. I believe the message Janie Lidey brings in her stories and songs is what will fuel the movement!”